Goals of S.A.V.E. Democracy
- To end the use of unverifiable, secretly programmed, easily rigged computerized
- To establish as the primary means of vote counting public same day hand-counted
paper ballots with as many independent parties, and other interested parties,
as possible allowed to view the vote counting, with results recorded at
least in triplicate and posted on the polling place wall. As much of the
vote counting process as possible will be video taped by any party wanting
to video tape it, and this process will also be covered live by as many
television stations as is practical. Copies of the certified results will
also be given to all observers present at the local polling place.
- To ensure the safety and accuracy of the hand-count, and re-invigorate
the democratic process by providing well designed ballots, adequate training
of poll workers, and sufficient government and citizen oversight of the
transparent ballot counting.
- To establish polling place level certification of elections based on
the tallies of publicly hand-counted same day paper ballots . These polling
place certified totals will then be combined with the totals from all
other polling places in a very open and public manner accessible to everyone,
and these polling place totals and the grand totals will be published
in detail for all to see. Also, the many parties having an interest in
the election, and any other party that so desires, will be encouraged
to create their own separate data base of local certified polling place
totals and their own separate grand totals as a check on the government's
- To study the very inexpensive, transparent, and public, same day hand
counting of ballots in countries like Canada, France, Israel, India, Switzerland,
Britain, and many other countries. See: EcoTalk.org/VotingMachines-LegalVoting.htm
, chapters in Black
Box Voting, Why the Best Voting Technology
May Be No Technology at All.
- To eliminate the often incestuous relationship between clerks and secretary
of states, and the manufacturers of vote counting machines.
Read about actions
directed toward achieving these goals