Actions Directed Toward Achieving These Goals:
- Create a mass movement able to accomplish these goals using a wide
range of tactics and methods.
- Educate and lobby especially politicians on the state and local level
who are responsible for passing legislation allocating funds to purchase
vote counting computers including county commissioners, state legislators,
and in some cases city counsels. We probably have more likelihood
initially of achieving our goals at the local and state levels.
- Educate the American public on the dangers of computerized voting machines.
- Expose the fraudulent activities, partisan conflicts of interest, and
security failures of the major voting equipment suppliers in the
United States .
- Force State governments to repeal legislation allowing the use of black
box voting equipment, and enact legislation that establishes safe, accurate,
verifiable same day paper ballot elections.
- Support and assist in the creation of non-partisan citizen watchdog
groups to oversee and videotape public vote counting in every polling
place in the U.S.A.
- Create petition drives to get the question of how the votes will
be counted, hand vs computer, on the ballot especially at the local and
state levels. (Probably be wise to initiate legal action preventing the
use of computers in the election this ballot question appears.)
- Educate and lobby the major and minor political parties especially
from within as members.
- Write letters to the editor.
- Sponsor public speakers and teach-ins.
- Appear on public access T.V. shows, public radio and short wave radio
- Purchase advertisements; create fliers, bumper stickers, banners, etc.
- Share information and help with coordination between groups and individuals
at local, state and federal levels via our disscusion
board, web page,
email, and other means.
- Network and help organize the actions listed here by helping coordinate
the efforts of other organizers on a statewide or national level.
- Organize marches, protests, petitions drives, alternative ballot demonstrations
(setting up a demonstration of a paper ballot system outside polling
places on election day), and civil disobedience.
- Run for public office.
- Initiate law suits challenging the legality of current election practices,
especially the use of computers to count votes.
- Initiate law suits against the voting machine companies, secretaries
of state, county and city clerks, county commissioners, city councils,
boards of elections, state governments, and the federal government.
- Draft new legislation repealing existing state and federal legislation
allowing the illegal use of secret vote counting machines.
- Draft new legislation restoring safe, accurate, verifiable, same day
paper ballot voting counting systems.
- Raise funds to support and strengthen the SAVE Democracy movement.
Thomas Paine wrote over 200 years ago: "The right of voting for
representatives is the primary right by which all other rights are protected.
To take away this right is to reduce a man to slavery."